Quick thoughts from Bridgeport. My full review is in the latest Drum Corps World.

First and foremost, all 6 competing corps are better than last year at this time. Promising year for sure.

Bush - Complete show musically, many holes to fill and guard work to add. An improvement from last year and music is catchy. Finalist may be a stretch, but one knows never to count thenm out of anything.

Cabs - Had a hard time getting into book on first viewing, but have enjoyed another look on website that should not be named. Quality is definitely improved from last year bigtime, even with a rough run. Look out for this corps.

Hurricanes - Very entertaining production. Top notch guard and solid percussion that could challenge. Hornline best in a few years, wait til they fill the holes.

Empire Statesmen - could be their best show in a while. Music was solid, visual needs work. Corps could challenge for top honors as season ends.

Minnesota - Clean musically, dirty visually. Could enhance the story of Bonnie and Clyde more, and no doubt they will. Could be another ropusing finish.

Bucs - solid all around corps with toughest program in years. Definitely the favorite, but anything ios possible.

I personally thought Bucs were sloppy, leading me to believe they'd win by points come finals. Everyone else seemed to think they were solid across the board. If they are solid across the board now, then every corps 2-5 could catch them in time. If they were sloppy, they'll win by a bunch.