What's new? 7/6/12

Until noon on Friday July 6th, I was part of the 1 million on the east coast still without power. I was posting exactly a week ago Friday abut 7p when the storm hit and took out most of the power lines in Ohio, West Virginia and east towards DC. Since the lights went on a few minutes ago, my internet is now down 80% in speed from 10 to 2 mbs, internet ping went from 43 to 120.

I just saw a couple of scores, but I need help in catching up!

Did I see that right that Spirit of Atlanta is about to overtake Cavies? :blink:

Edited by wvu80

Until noon on Friday July 6th, I was part of the 1 million on the east coast still without power. I was posting exactly a week ago Friday abut 7p when the storm hit and took out most of the power lines in Ohio, West Virginia and east towards DC. Since the lights went on a few minutes ago, my internet is now down 80% in speed from 10 to 2 mbs, internet ping went from 43 to 120.

Glad you finally got power back. I know a lot of folks who were affected. Worst possible weather to lose your A/C.

I just saw a couple of scores, but I need help in catching up!

Did I see that right that Spirit of Atlanta is about to overtake Cavies? :blink:

They came within half a point last outing! But tonight's show order is going to make it tough on them to overtake them--Spirit goes on right before INT and Cavies are up last.

Let's see, the night you lost power, Madison beat Cavies for the first time since 1998!

Blue Devils broke 80 first--on Monday--and Crown and Cadets followed them the next night, Crown breaking 81 before BD, though just by a couple of hours. :tongue:

Crown and Cadets are back on tour together and Crown won the first outing by more than a full point.

East Coast Inflation is the new thing, with Crossmen outscoring Cavies on the same night (different shows).

Jersey Surf's Bridgemen tribute show is up on FN now, and it's going to be a real treat once it's polished.

Glad you finally got power back. I know a lot of folks who were affected. Worst possible weather to lose your A/C.

We had no gas and no food because the stores didn't have electricity. When one gas station would get power and open up, it was a two-hour wait with about 100 cars in front of you. It was like the 70's Arab gas embargo, for you oldies in the crowd.

I didn't have TV or even a radio so I didn't know how bad it was around me. When it first hit, every AM and FM radio was of the air. There was no cell phone service. It was three days later when I went in to work that I found out my entire region was under a state of emergency! :w00t:

They came within half a point last outing! But tonight's show order is going to make it tough on them to overtake them--Spirit goes on right before INT and Cavies are up last.

Let's see, the night you lost power, Madison beat Cavies for the first time since 1998!

WOW!

Blue Devils broke 80 first--on Monday--and Crown and Cadets followed them the next night, Crown breaking 81 before BD, though just by a couple of hours. :tongue:

So we officially have three front runners?

Crown and Cadets are back on tour together and Crown won the first outing by more than a full point.

East Coast Inflation is the new thing, with Crossmen outscoring Cavies on the same night (different shows).

Jersey Surf's Bridgemen tribute show is up on FN now, and it's going to be a real treat once it's polished.

[/quote

I'm just old enough to remember the Bridgemen. I can't wait to see what Surf does with this show. I'm hoping to watch some FN tonight. Thanks for the update.

Let me know if you're coming to the Charleston, WV show July 30. I'll save you a seat. :cool:

Edited by wvu80

Maybe so but I wouldn't count Cavies out just yet. I can see what they are trying to do and when they get it clean watch out! That show has a lot of potential from what I have seen on FN.

I saw Cavies the first live event of the year, but I don't judge anything on that. Corps rarely get standing O's because the shows just aren't cooking yet. Most of the kids are just learning what the notes are and where to stand, and they aren't in performance shape. About the first of July, the shows start to get performed pretty well, and by mid July we are getting to see who is going to finish where.

I really like watching the late-July to August shows because that is where the professional staffs really comes into play and turn good shows into great ones.

Cavies have a lot of staff turnover in the last year, but they are still a top dog in terms of a professional organization. If they don't win this year, maybe it's not their year. Only a select few don't go through this cycle,