Donate to help me get to DCI Quarterfinals!

carriewhite410

EDIT:

I've stopped the fundraiser. Thank you guys for all of your imput, I appreciate it, but it doesn't seem like quarterfinals will be happening.

I'm not sure if it's possible to delete the thread, so I'll just edit this for now.

-Ashley

Edited by carriewhite410

Hello Ashley -

Can I talk you out of this? A bus ride from California to Indy is WAY TOO LONG of a journey, though I realize that many DCI performers do this annually on tour. You will not be riding with a corps, but instead would be riding with other Greyhounders -- which can be fun and educational, but a long ride would give you bus hair for days! Connections from one bus to another are often not as planned. You need to add oodles of cushion time when riding a bus cross-country.

Did you check out the prices on Southwest Airlines? Even if the price seems steep, this would be the ideal way to get from Sacramento to Indy! Once at the Indy Airport, you can reach downtown Indy for $1.75 on Indygo's bus #8. But then, once in Indy, there are very few cheap lodging options.

Another idea is to remain in California, and catch the Quarterfinals on the big screen. Popcorn and a root beer!

Your boyfriend is forever. One weekend in Indiana can be missed.

I too would not recommend Greyhound. Not that their service is bad but you must also factor in what you will need to pay for your meals along the way. I've done overnight trips from where I live to Wisconsin and I was drained. You trip is at least twice as long. Have you tried taking out a loan? I would really like to help you get there but well, no extra money in my household right now.

Travel - recommend you look on Craigslist for at least a ride out to Indy. You could always bus back. (Get your parents to help screen the possibilities. Lots of wackos out there.)

Room/board: a friend's daughter just got done "couch-surfing" across the entire nation; never paid for a room one night. I don't know the forums, etc., but it's out there, and there's a large community of younger folks in Indy and surrounding. I'm sure you can find one that will put you up.

Good luck !