Downingtown Scores

Took John's advice and went to the Dog House!

Great Place! It was outstanding. Thanks John!

Really great place for a Show too.

Dave Faust

Bucs

Took John's advice and went to the Dog House!

Great Place! It was outstanding. Thanks John!

Really great place for a Show too.

Dave Faust

Bucs

I ate there with Nicko and his daughter. Excellent.

Hey John -

Would you say that CV and C2 are really that close with regard to the total number? I watched both on You Tube and CV has really made great strides from last year. Open class finals will be a tough nut to crack!

Jim

I'd say they were that close. CV cleaner and more 'finished', C2, more risk, better percussion. I was left wondering how it would shake out at the ened.

Great news that you guys enjoyed Dog House. I felt stupid when I ended up at the Victory Brewing Company and realize I'd left it out of the post. I'll remember next year.

I would say that C2 is a little better than A-CV right now. Much, much more demanding program, to be sure. More depth, more interesting, and with a much higher ceiling than A-CV has. I had C2 up by about a point on my sheets, and that number will grow and grow fast as we approach DCA Championships.

C2 was dirty as heck, but a completely different corps than I saw two weeks ago in Jackson, NJ. The guard especially isn't the major liability it was then. If they keep cleaning at this rate and fill the rest of the holes (they've filled a number of them already), they will pass some folks ahead of them for sure.

That said, I really enjoyed A-CV. It's a cool show, if really safe. Guard is impossible to not appreciate. Not clean, but high impact, with at least ten flag changes, and all flag choices are bright. Good percussion line as well.

Brass wise, they have two horn lines. The really good one that plays when they are parked, and the really bad one that plays while they move. If they work on anything before season's end, it has to be playing on the move. It's...really awful.

I do like the concept and the musical arrangements for the most part. It's actually a really creative mash-up. The only arranging I think was weak was "Who Wants to Live Forever". It's not how I would have chosen to do it, but once it morphs into the second half it's fine. And my issues could have been with performance. I'll say this...I want to see them again.

While we're on the mini-review train, I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by White Sabers. They have a nice, full sound most of the time, and are solid in all sections. The music, with one exception, is very well arranged and performed. Despite the ominous title, it's a pretty entertaining show. The only section that didn't work was the percussion intro to Moondance. They started with a sweet pit grove of the melody, and then destroyed it with a rammed not battery feature that was so over written it made the entire 30-second feature a musical train-wreck. It also ruined the cool pacing of the show they had going. When the brass came in, it was back to a great groove. I hope they take a look at that part and consider a change. It would do wonders.

Edited by Kamarag

I ate there with Nicko and his daughter. Excellent.

I agree 100% Mike! Would definitely go back to the Dog House! Thanks again to John!

It was great watching the run with you and Nicko!

Dave Faust

The Bucs