Your Impression of the San Antone Regional

I thought this was a fabulous show for all corps. Here's what I got from tonight.

- Cascades made a pretty big jump to Mandarins. Watch out Mandarins, here they come!

- Pacific Crest. A very solid show through out, keep on cleaning and this show will be spectacular by finals.

- Academy. A very tough piece to play. The Rite of Spring is such an awkward work to put on the drum corps field. Keep pushing Academy!

- Glassmen. I enjoy the show, but the momentum of the show needs to increase all the way to the last big chord.

- Crossmen. This show is still a top 12 quality show. All around it's a great package.

- Blue Knights. I am a huge homer for these guys having marched there. AMAZING run tonight! The changes are nicely done, and the playing by the hornline is gorgeous! This show has so much potential, and if they keep on cleaning and buying in to the theme this show will be yet another BK fan favorite.

- Boston Crusaders. This is my favorite entrance this year. I love the way they enter from all tunnels. The show in general has a great vehicle. BAC may be scaring a few corps once this puppy gets cleaner.

- Bluecoats. I LOVE Bloo this year. Top to bottom. Usually Bluecoats shows lose me by the 2nd half of their show, but no, this show has energy from top to bottom. Keep bringing it!

- SCV. This was my favorite performance of the night. There are some remarkably beautiful sounds coming from the hornline. Compared to last night in Houston, this show seemed to click. This show is easily a top 3 show, and if it keeps on improving like it has, then it will be a top 3 show. I want to see an SCV bronze medal.

- Carolina Crown. Compared to last night, this performance was leagues better. Given the amount of endurance it takes to march this show, the members are getting winded by the end of the closer, but as soon as they get over that, this show will be remarkable. It will be one for the ages. It's my favorite show this season, and I would love to see Crown's first DCI title this year.

- Blue Devils. Definitely the most controversial show this year, but they THRIVE on controversy. This show is powerful and entertaining to me. I love the show, and the writing.

This is the most competitive season in a long time. (Reminds me of 2003, looking at the 2003 recaps.) This will be a fun next 3 weeks!

• Like 1