DCI Scores iOS App

Not sure if this has been mentioned on here yet, but I found a cool DCI Scores app for iOS tonight.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/corps-scores/id512738690?mt=8

It's not bad at all, and it updates with dci.org (I think...), so you'll get the scores just as soon in the app as you would on the website. It also has push notifications for your favorite corps.

Check it out!

Not sure if this has been mentioned on here yet, but I found a cool DCI Scores app for iOS tonight.

http://itunes.apple....d512738690?mt=8

It's not bad at all, and it updates with dci.org (I think...), so you'll get the scores just as soon in the app as you would on the website. It also has push notifications for your favorite corps.

Check it out!

Looks good. I use Android, so it won't help me, but my son has an iPhone. I sent the link to him.

Thanks.

• Like 1

http://itunes.apple....d512738690?mt=8

Check it out!

I've had that app on my iPhone since the season began. It's not working for me. Just can't figure out how to add to favorites. I have push notifications enabled but haven't received one update. Probably doing something wrong...

I've had that app on my iPhone since the season began. It's not working for me. Just can't figure out how to add to favorites. I have push notifications enabled but haven't received one update. Probably doing something wrong...

I can't figure out how to add anything to favorites either...

Hey guys, I'm the creator of the app. Hope you're enjoying it and find it as a helpful resource.

As for favorites, I did break them in the latest release on accident. I submitted an update to Apple and it should be out soon. Favorites are merely corps you've subscribed to push notifications.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me here :)

- Robert Ross

Hey guys, I'm the creator of the app. Hope you're enjoying it and find it as a helpful resource.

As for favorites, I did break them in the latest release on accident. I submitted an update to Apple and it should be out soon. Favorites are merely corps you've subscribed to push notifications.

- Robert Ross

I like this app a lot! Other than the "favorites" thing, it's very comprehensive--corps, schedule, scores. Nice job!

BTW, why isn't there a Drum Corps Planet app? But the mobile friendly format of DCP still works for me!

- Robert Ross

Can you make one that works for Android?

I'd even be willing to pay a bit for one.

• Like 1

1343314018[/url]' post='3184540']

I like this app a lot! Other than the "favorites" thing, it's very comprehensive--corps, schedule, scores. Nice job!

BTW, why isn't there a Drum Corps Planet app? But the mobile friendly format of DCP still works for me!

Thanks! The goal was to make it a single stop resource for most drum corps curiosities.

1343314730[/url]' post='3184546']

Nice. I looked at your website saw you do the same for winter guard (w/ percussion to be added in the future?).

I did! The winter guard one was a proof of concept actually, since then the app has been improved upon. Percussion is slated to be added.

1343314846[/url]' post='3184547']

Can you make one that works for Android?

I'd even be willing to pay a bit for one.

Quite honestly, Android isn't my platform of choice in that I would rather spend time making the best IPhone app for drum corps scores rather than a mediocre one for 2 devices.

- Robert Ross

Great app! But I have one suggestion that shouldn't be too hard to implement. The way you've done push notifications is fine, but why not add an option in the app to send a notification when new scores from all of the shows are available? Not just when new scores from your favorite corps are available. Make sense?