BD System Blue Hybrid Euphonium

Euphscott

Isn't the Hybrid supposed to be a Euphonium with the Size of a Baritone (or slightly larger than a standard Bari). I remember last year at DCI West, they had a King Euph and a SB Hybrid and the difference was there.

Isn't the Hybrid supposed to be a Euphonium with the Size of a Baritone (or slightly larger than a standard Bari). I remember last year at DCI West, they had a King Euph and a SB Hybrid and the difference was there.

That is what the BD site indicates. And this is what brought me to ask - I've not found anyone on line that sells the hybrid. Of course, I need to contact my local dealer I suppose - but I was hoping to find an online source or ideally buy a used one.

Ahh, I have no idea about used ones, I know when Blue Devils A got their newer SB Horns (in sections), the previous years horns were given to the B Corps (and one of the BDB tuba players said they're waiting for the SB50s). I'm not sure if there are many used SB horns out on the market right now.

System Blue is dealt regionally, unlike the other Conn-Selmer lines of instruments. That means that you just need to locate the dealer for your region and they can order the horns for you, and they'll probably be one of the best ways to find out how to get ahold of the used corps horns as well. The Texas area dealer for the SB horns is Brook Mays Music/H&H Music.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The Yamaha is significantly lighter and counterbalanced...and plays easier with better intonation.

the SB30 hybrid is a compact euph built very well and plays well.

this was a collabration between King designers and Blue devils

this horn has both the euph and bari range sweet horn

I have them available as a King Dealer, new and used

contact: thebrassshop@triad.rr.com I will answer questions there