Jersey Surf Tour Fund Challenge

I would like to propose a challenge to the DCP community.

As of Sunday, August 5 at 2:30PM EDT, Jersey Surf needs $1,313 to hit their fundraising goal. I want to see them hit their goal...by tomorrow night. With that said, I'm going to look at their fundraising site again tomorrow (August 6) at 8:30 PM EST and I will match whatever is given between now and then, up to $657. Gifts of $656 will turn into $1,313 and they'll hit $10,000! Gifts of $1,000 will turn into $1,657 and they'll exceed their goal!

I have absolutely no ties to Jersey Surf. Having just seen their show for the first time, I love what they're doing this year and the opportunity they are giving their members to have a great time in a great activity.

I know some of you have already given, but let's get them to their goal! Spread the word to your family and friends!

http://www.crowdrise.com/jerseysurf/fundraiser/

• Like 5

Love it! And thanks for your generous offer. I'm about to donate, but I'm confused by the "Team Member" I have to select to give money. I have no idea what it means. I hope it's not discouraging others from giving. Anyone know what the deal is there and why it's required?

• Like 1

Love it! And thanks for your generous offer. I'm about to donate, but I'm confused by the "Team Member" I have to select to give money. I have no idea what it means. I hope it's not discouraging others from giving. Anyone know what the deal is there and why it's required?

I think you can just pick Bob Jacobs. The total will still go towards the $10K goal.

1344193676[/url]' post='3195004']

They are like fundraising team captains. You can choose any of them and the money goes to Surf. It's just a vehicle to help spread the word through their individual Facebook followers. It's all good and it all goes towards the goal. Thank you for starting this thread and for your generous offer of matching funds!!!

• Like 2

They are like fundraising team captains. You can choose any of them and the money goes to Surf. It's just a vehicle to help spread the word through their individual Facebook followers. It's all good and it all goes towards the goal. Thank you for starting this thread and for your generous offer of matching funds!!!

You're welcome...I hope my pocket book is quite a bit lighter tomorrow night!

I've tried to pick something to help with in recent years, especially with the smaller corps that may not have the funding sources of others:

Lehigh Valley Knights equipment truck crash in 2003 (not so recent, but I can't believe it was 9 years ago!)

Academy's equipment trailer stolen in 2009

Cascades equipment truck crash in 2011

I figured why not pick Surf this year!

Edited by sabrefan62
  • Like 4