Semi-Finals Broadcast

Hey all. I'm new to using the Fan Network, and I just wanted to double check on something. Will semi-finals be broadcast live, or will it be a similar situation to Allentown? I'm near positive that it's broadcast live, but i'd hate to get everything set up and find out that it's not. Thanks

Hey all. I'm new to using the Fan Network, and I just wanted to double check on something. Will semi-finals be broadcast live, or will it be a similar situation to Allentown? I'm near positive that it's broadcast live, but i'd hate to get everything set up and find out that it's not. Thanks

it's live

It's live. You can use the current Prelims broadcast to check everything today. Same equipment on our end. :)

Semifinals are streamcast live. Be aware that there were glitches (freezes, drops) on a live broadcast from Atlanta two weeks ago that were attributed to heavy Internet traffic generally because of the Olympics and all the streaming going on there. (People with no connection to DCI were also having trouble with this then.) There is some potential for the same issue Friday night. If it happens again, you can catch up later.

Edited by Peel Paint

Semifinals are streamcast live. Be aware that there were glitches (freezes, drops) on a live broadcast from Atlanta two weeks ago that were attributed to heavy Internet traffic generally because of the Olympics and all the streaming going on there. (People with no connection to DCI were also having trouble with this then.) There is some potential for the same issue Friday night. If it happens again, you can catch up later.

We are also adding an additional content delivery network, just in case. Should you run into any traffic issues, try that alternate stream. It doesn't have a "DVR" function, but it's a different network.

Thank you all! I'll test things out with Prelims today! Getting things hooked up to the big screen!

• Like 1

Anyone got some rough timings so those of us in the Uk can work out what time in the AM Saturday we'll be staying up til?! :cool:

I believe you're five hours ahead of Indianapolis (US Eastern time zone) time. Last year semifinal performances ended at about 10:30 Indy time. So about 3:30 a.m. in London? A little later if you want to hear those last scores. Personally I'd check 'em after getting some sleep! Enjoy.