Season 19 major events schedule

Galen

All events (except for finals events) are tenative, but I am ready to release the major event schedule for season 19.

The season will begin on January 11, 2013 with events in Boston MA, Tampa FL, Appleton WI and Santa Clara CA.

January 19 will be the first Sweepstakes events, with a slate of SIX events scheduled to take place that weekend. That means you can expect to see some "expanded touring models" in some of the touring regions. The Sweepstakes events that weekend will take place in Hershey PA, Atlanta GA, La Crosse WI, Bowling Green KY (the CLASS championships), Seattle WA and Walnut CA.

The next sweepstakes events will be on February 2, and will take place in Boston MA, Huntsville AL, Madison WI (the FANFARE championships) and Stanford CA.

Regional championships will take place on February 8-9. This season, there will be a day off before regionals to give directors a chance for extra rehearsal time before these major events. The regional championships will take place in Rochester NY (East), Chattanooga TN (South), DeKalb IL (Midwest) and Bakersfield CA (West).

February 16 is the first of 3 major weekends before finals, with events in Allentown PA and Denver CO. The next week, February 23, will have events in San Antonio TX and a yet-to-be-determined Midwest site. The Southern Star Cup will take place on March 2 in Orlando FL, and will be the last major event before finals week.

There will also be a European leg of the tour. Details will be announced later.

The season will conclude on March 7-9 in Columbia SC. Additionally, the I+E contests will be returning this year. Look for details from our I+E coordinator to be announced at an upcoming date.

On a personal note, I'd like to say that last season went particularly well due largely in part to the large volume of competing corps, as we reached over 100 participating corps for the first time in several seasons. We typically have less participation in the offseason, but I'd like to encourage directors who may only enjoy live-season competition to stick around this offseason and be a part of another great competition. Remember, the league is successful because YOU participate. :smile:/>/>