Availability of DCI performances for DCA corps

Finding any drum corps show to compete in or even conduct an exhibition for DCA South corps is poor at best. DCI does what it can but mentioned before all age corps are the last selected. Most corps coming out of Texas get into the Gulfcoast show.

Even if we had more southern show, the corps up north will not spend the money to come, yet all of us in the south don't have a choice if we want to compete.....yikes! This becomes the biggest reason IMO why southern corps don't compete in over three of four shows before prelims! Cost, cost, cost! Our travel budgets per competition are probably triple what a northeast corps would spend.

Location, location, location!!!!

Happy New Year to All!!!

This alone is why I was so disappointed when Alliance went inactive... We lost a geographical rival and their home show right up the road. I hope their efforts to return in 2014 are going well.

Cabs run shows in Wildwood and Clifton that have historically had non-DCA corps performing...numerous alumni corps in addition to the Cabs Alumni and <gasp> DCI corps )(Raiders, Jersey Surf, to name two). I could be mistaken, but I believe that several years ago when Bucs home show was earlier in the year, there would be some DCI corps performing.]

When we ran the Buccaneers' home show in July about six or so years ago, we had two or three Div. II corps competing. Last year at the Buccaneers' inaugural Downingtown show, Raiders performed in exhibition. It's difficult to catch DCI corps in the area and available to perform at a DCA show in July. This year with Downingtown being moved back a week to July 27 and DCI corps heading for DCI East in Allentown the following weekend, perhaps a DCI corps would be interested in doing an exhibition at Downingtown. I'll be checking into it.