Fan Network question

Have only had the FN for about two months, but want to know if certain years had videos that were not as sharp. The fields have moving shades of green and the video stops. The stops might be the signal, but we have 10MB. Can't figure it out if it's the laptop, Baja signal, etc. 94 was bad and have had 2000 up today and that's a joke. When it's bad, forget hooking up the HDMI to use the 60".

Thanks for any suggestions.

List a particular corps and year, and I'll watch the same thing and we'll compare notes. I am on a Win 7 Intel Core i7 2.0, ATI video card laptop 1080p 17" LCD screen, 15 mbs internet. Firefox 18.01.

Edit: I am watching Vanguard, switching back and forth between full screen and small screen. I have zero problems with any kind of video lag, but I think I do see the pixilation and blurriness to which you are referring. The blurriness of the marchers is typical of the video from that era, even on the DVD, and would be made much more blurry on your 60" screen. Close ups of the musicians is nice and sharp, just the wide angle shots are blurry.

The grass is sometimes sharp and then as the shot gets nearer to the center of the field, the video card can't figure out what shade of green to use and "pixilates" or becomes just a little blurry. The lighting is inconsistent, with the image darker towards the sidelines, and lighter towards the middle, creating that pixilating problem.

Again, I am guessing if you had a smaller screen this effect would be much less noticeable. Your good equipment and large screen is exposing the flaws, I think.

Edited by wvu80

I fist noticed this issue when I began watching year 74 and upward. Year 99 seemed fine, but today with 2000, even on the laptop, it's been lousy. Most of my viewing has been on the laptop. All of 94 and 2000 has been changing shades of green, in block forms, and even the black plastic used on the far side of U. of MD stadium ripples as if the wind was blowing and that was my first year to attend finals. With the screen starting to have the old black tree growing up from the bottom, I'm starting to look into a new system. This HP Pavilion DV6 is several years old, so it's processor does not have the power available today.

In that case Ghost, I'm more certain that the old built-in video chip in your laptop will almost certainly exacerbate that pixilating problem. I have more recent PC hardware than you, but I don't have your 60" screen. I agree with you that updating your video out capability will help, but with that nice large screen any little pimples are going to look large.

We are still well ahead of my old method of watching PBS broadcasts on my Betamax, while trying to sync my turntable with the video to try to get decent audio with video. :cool:/>

Thanks wvu80 (see if I pick them again in bowl games!), but as mentioned, 90% of my viewing is not on the big screen, just the laptop. Earlier today I watched the final three from 2000 and there was no issues. Will try the 60" after football. I even realized that there was a slight breeze during finals and that's why the plastic was "surfing". Ivins, UT is between some hills and we had to get a landline since our cell signals were weak. It must be the same for wi-fi.