Bushwacker Invitational - Sat. August 10th

The Bushwacker show scheduled for Saturday August 10th will be held at Woodbridge High School in Woodbridge NJ. This show is replacing the show we had last year in Flemington NJ. The Bushwacker Invitational is being co-sponsored by the Woodbridge High School Band Parents and the Bushwackers.

Competing corps are: Reading Buccaneers, Hawthorne Caballeros, Cadets 2, Connecticut Hurricanes, Fusion Core, White Sabers, and your hosts, the Bushwackers. In exhibition, Saints Brigade.

The Bushwacker Invitational will begin at 7 pm and tickets can be purchased at the Bushwacker website www.bushwackers.org.

Woodbridge High School is located in Middlesex County and is easily accessible from the NJ Turnpike, Garden State Parkway, Routes 1, 9, 35, 287 and 440.

So mark your calendars and see you in Woodbridge High School on Saturday August 10th for the Bushwacker Invitational.

Looks like a nice venue! :thumbup:/>

WoodbridgeNJ1_zpsb96928f4.jpg

WoodbridgeNJ2_zpse9ed654a.jpg

Thanks Galen! Great photos. The field is right on top of the stands and the corps will be right in the faces of the audience. Imagine seeing the Bucs, Cabs, Hurcs, Cadets 2, Fusion, White Sabers and Bush that close!

The center section will be reserve seating at $20 per ticket and the rest of the seating will be general admission at $15 per ticket. It will be a great evening of drum corps.

To be fair, I found them on Patch.com.

That said, I agree with you when you say that fans are in for a good night of intimate, up-close-and-personal drum corps. :smile:

That stadium has had lots of renovation done to it. If I stayed in my hometown, I would've gone to that school. The music program there has come a LONG WAY thanks to their new director.

Thanks Galen! Great photos. The field is right on top of the stands and the corps will be right in the faces of the audience. Imagine seeing the Bucs, Cabs, Hurcs, Cadets 2, Fusion, White Sabers and Bush that close!

The center section will be reserve seating at $20 per ticket and the rest of the seating will be general admission at $15 per ticket. It will be a great evening of drum corps.

John, from what I remember, Woodbridge H.S. was the scene of some great junior-corps shows in the 1970s. I recall seeing the Troopers and Santa Clara Vanguard there in 1973, when they were the top two corps in DCI.

So... if my memory serves me correctly... you guys are reviving a drum corps tradition in that neck of the woods, and I wish you well with this venture!!!

Edited by Fran Haring

I had no idea of all the drum corps history that happened in the town where I grew up! All I knew was that Dillon Music has been there since I was born. I've been learning new things about the town every day like how Al Chez used to march in the Saints Drum Corps which was in Woodbridge back in the day. I'm just so thrilled to see how things are coming back to that town.

Hi Fran. Yes, that was a great show back in 1973 at Woodbridge HS. The Saints sponsored the show and I remember going with our band director and a few other students. I saw Santa Clara for the first time and Troopers for just the second time in my then short life. I didn't understand or appreciate Santa Clara's show and I thought the Troopers were much better.

Santa Clara won the show and being just shy of 16, and knowing everything in the world about drum corps, I thought the Troopers should have won. My band director advised me just how wrong I was about Santa Clara and they went on to win DCI that year. Years later listening to '73 Santa Clara I realized how wrong I was about them.

Hard to realize that was 40 years ago and we are having another show in Woodbridge in August. Hope to see a lot of Saints alumni, and other junior/senior corps alumni at this show.

• Like 1