Snare Drummers - do you remember "The Stripe"?

Having played bass drum in 75 I can relate to the "X" on the back, & I don't believe that anything on the front got tanned.... :ph34r:

Carrying a set of bells with straps, you'd get a nicx "X" across you backs ... Got better with the "body cast" fibreglass carriers we moved to, but still ... made for easy identification!

The Musser carriers left a big T on the chest and shoulder stripes. And you could always tell who was using the Slingerland full front fiberglass carriers cuz they were all white in front and tan on the back with a white horizontal stripe across the shoulders. Either way, the blistered forearms were murder. There's just no tan like a drum corps tan.

oldstyle2.jpg

The Musser carriers left a big T on the chest and shoulder stripes. And you could always tell who was using the Slingerland full front fiberglass carriers cuz they were all white in front and tan on the back with a white horizontal stripe across the shoulders. Either way, the blistered forearms were murder. There's just no tan like a drum corps tan.

oldstyle2.jpg

We got our original full-frontals from one of the instructors from the Blue Devils who was in to fibreglass fabrication ... They were pretty good but, yeah, tanning was out.

The Musser vibes I played in '78 had a T-bar, but it wasn't strong enough to carry the weight of the vibes and resonators (they were a 3-Octave one-nighter set with the legs removed.) Better tan, considerably more back pain as the harness bent a little more every show, putting more stress on the lower back ... Screwed me up pretty good but, go big or go home, I always say (now, where's the Advil?)

Here's 27th's snareline in 83. I'm left front.

27thLancers-1983SnarelineBreakTimeInMiami-LoRes.jpg

went onto your pic site, man was I one skinny cymbal player