Legends 2013

“Deep fried paradise,” booth 17 – Because life is too short to not eat a corn dog, deep fried pickles and deep fried Oreos from the Legends Performing Arts Association booth, right? Right"

Now we know what sunk the Edmund Fitzgerald!!!!???:rolleyes:/>

cited in today's DCI news; quick link: http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2013/06/festival_of_the_arts_2013_john.html

As Krusty the Clown would call it... "The Clogger"..... cue goofy laugh.... :tongue:

You do realize this is not tour food and only what the Legends Performing Arts Association was selling at this festival, right?

I kinda figured that the deep fried pickles might have an effect on the hornline's puckering prowess.

Besides the contras and bass drums would probably hog all those deep fried oreos and twinkies.:lookaround:/>

I kinda figured that the deep fried pickles might have an effect on the hornline's puckering prowess.

Besides the contras and bass drums would probably hog all those deep fried oreos and twinkies.lookaround.gif/>

I think the bass line and tuba section can qualify as our skinniest sections, so they would need to hog all the deep fried oreos.

We typically just use the oreos as treats when the brass section finishes a phrase well. I like to toss them down from the tower on the reset.

In seriousness, though, the food booth was an excellent fundraiser for Legends Performing Arts Association. In a year when total sales at the Arts Festival were down, the Legends booth, from what I've heard, nearly doubled gross sales from the previous year. The money made from the booth have allowed the corps to continue supplying the growing brass section with instruments, among other investments.

• Like 1