Riverside Rigadoon

I wouldn't mind seeing BD #2 and it would be nice to see Crown win for once. I'm a huge BD fan but Crown is good to. But BD can turn it around and I think they will.

Pacific Crest - while it's a very good show for them, I'm just not sure their show design is finals-worthy.

Mandarins - fantastic new uniforms. Some very challenging visual design but it's achievable by them and I'm sure they'll have a great sense of accomplishment when they're done. They move very well - I know two of the vis techs and their style is very apparent. Narration was...interesting. I grasped the story, though the drama didn't connect to me. I would have rather read a libretto and the music might have connected more.

No surprise their percussion beat PC.

Crown - I was blown away by the sheer amount of pit equipment they have. The Brass's triplet runs for days nearly made me faint. The choreography is done VERY well and tastefully but I'm having trouble connecting the ballad to the rest of the show. I would have no qualms if this show won in August.

BD - Very...different take on Rite of Spring. So much going on it was hard to pick out the dirt (which is by design I'm sure) but it was there. Their drill seems to be a bit more challenging than their previous years so I commend them for that. The show was weird, no doubt about that, but it kept my attention out of sheer fascination.