Columbians finish their first season!

I love to see another NW corps reinventing itself. That's what Oregon Crusaders did not that long ago and look at them now! Go NW drum corps!

...when I first saw the Colombians I was marching with the Lakewood Ambassadors from SoCal at VFW Nats in Seattle...1963! So, we stayed at Ft Lewis with the Troopers, Senoritas and Colombians...upon exiting our busses we heard the strains of The Ben Casey theme resonating around the area. Naturally we headed for the *strong* sounds and came upon a small drum corps...with huge huevos! They were great, and I'm glad to hear the tradition will continue!

Congratulations on your return and I hope you have much success in the future.

I too remember the Columbians from the 63 VFW Nationals as well as the Ambassadors.

I have buttons from both corps. I tried to take in as much as I could of the corps I hadn't seen before being that we were the only east coast corps (Spartans) to go to the VFW that year. I remember the instant concerts by many corps in the parking lot after the contest and thinking how impressed I was with them and how much fun everyone was having.

Congratulations on your return and I hope you have much success in the future.

I too remember the Columbians from the 63 VFW Nationals as well as the Ambassadors.

I have buttons from both corps. I tried to take in as much as I could of the corps I hadn't seen before being that we were the only east coast corps (Spartans) to go to the VFW that year. I remember the instant concerts by many corps in the parking lot after the contest and thinking how impressed I was with them and how much fun everyone was having.

...yeah, great memories for sure, Lou! I remember Spartans as being pretty ######! Cavis were a known quantity, as was Racine Scouts to a degree, and Troops were up and coming...but who were these masked-men from Milford!? Hahaha...the days of discovery! Cya at DCA's!

...when I first saw the Colombians I was marching with the Lakewood Ambassadors from SoCal at VFW Nats in Seattle...1963!

Why, Charlie Groh! You corps hopper, you! Anaheim Scouts --> Lakewood Ambassadors --> VK?

:tongue:

Garry in Vegas