Bushwacker Invitational - Sat. August 10th

We are less than one month away from the Bushwackers Invitational set for Saturday August 10th, at 7pm, at Woodbridge HS, 1 Samuel Lupo Pl., Woodbridge, NJ 07095.

The following corps will be in competition: The Defending DCA Champions Reading Buccaneers, Hawthorne Caballeros, Cadets2, Fusion Core, Sunrisers, White Sabers and your hosts, the Bushwackers. In exhibition, the Saints Brigade.

Tickets are available at the gate beginning at 5pm the day of the show or through the Bushwackers website and PayPal. www.bushwackers.org/tickets Any ticket orders after 8/3 will be held at the ticket booth for pick up.

Reserve section tickets are $20 (there are no reserved seats) and general admission tickets are $15. Children 6 years of age and under are free.

A pre-show concert will be performed by The World Famous Gashouse Gang from 5pm to 6:30pm, led by Rich "Red" Wardlow, alumnus of the Saints, Garfield Cadets and Bushwackers, along with Mike Wargo, alumnus of the Saints and current member of the NY Skyliners Alumni Corps.

The World Famous Gashouse Gang's music is drum corps meets rock & roll, and they are asking all junior/senior corps brass alumni to join them in one number during their concert. Interested drum corps alumni should contact the band at their website: www.worldfamousgashousegang.com for further details.

Plus, all drum corps alumni are encouraged to stop by our Alumni Village tent to register the junior and/or senior corps you marched with in your drum corps journey. All names of the drum corps recorded will be announced during the course of the evening to honor our drum corps heritage. So stop by and mingle with other alumni and register your old corps name and have some fun.

Lots of stuff going on August 10th in Woodbridge NJ. See you there!

cannot make it, but wish you and the corps best of luck.........

Guido

I know it's short notice, but if any corps is looking for hotel rooms for that weekend, I work at the Hampton Inn in Woodbridge. PM me if you would like info on rooms or I could put you in contact with our director of sales if you need a block of rooms.

• Like 1

Now we are less than 2 weeks away from the Bushwacker Invitational. This is shaping up to be a very good show. The Bucs, Cabs, Cadets2 and Fusion battling it out and Bush, Sun and White Sabers fighting it out. Really two great shows in one. Plus a pre-show concert and an exhibition by the Saints Brigade.

Make sure you stop by the Alumni Village tent and write down the junior and senior corps you marched with. Our announcer, Tom Wilms, will be reading off all of the classic drum corps names during the course of the evening. Should be a lot of fun and a way of paying tribute to all the great drum corps, active and in active, of our youth.

The ticket booth and gate open at 5pm, which is the start of the concert my the World Famous Gashouse Gang. Visit their website if you want to join in on one of there numbers.

Tickets are available at the gate beginning at 5pm the day of the show or through the Bushwackers website and PayPal. www.bushwackers.org/tickets. Any ticket orders after 8/3 will be held at the ticket booth for pick up under "will call".

Reserve section tickets are $20 (there are no reserved seats) and general admission tickets are $15. Children 6 years of age and under are free.

• Like 1

40 years ago this month, a junior show was sponsored by the Saints at Woodbridge HS and performing that night, among others, were the Casper Troopers, Hawthorne Muchachos, the Saints, and a corps called the Santa Clara Vanguard. Fantastic show in 1973. :worthy:

Here we are in 2013 and with another great show in Woodbridge HS. Looking forward to seeing some alumni from the Saints, Muchachos and others at the Bushwacker Invitational. Maybe some folks who also attended in 1973. :thumbup:

40 years ago this month, a junior show was sponsored by the Saints at Woodbridge HS and performing that night, among others, were the Casper Troopers, Hawthorne Muchachos, the Saints, and a corps called the Santa Clara Vanguard. Fantastic show in 1973. :worthy:

Here we are in 2013 and with another great show in Woodbridge HS. Looking forward to seeing some alumni from the Saints, Muchachos and others at the Bushwacker Invitational. Maybe some folks who also attended in 1973. :thumbup:

John, I remember that 1973 show well! A great day of drum corps.

Best of luck next weekend, as you guys bring drum corps back to that area of NJ.

I wish I could be there, but I can't. Hope to see you at the Pennsauken show!!!

• Like 1

Thanks Fran. Yeah I was 15 years old when I went to that show, and I thought I knew everything about drum corps! :blink: Funny when you think back and realize how uninformed you were! I really didn't "get" Vanguard's show, but I wised up over time.

Sorry you can't make the show in Woodbridge, but looking forward to seeing you in Pennsauken on Sunday 8/25. Take care!

Two days to go. Advanced ticket sales have been great. Get to Woodbridge early and enjoy the pre-show concert by the World Famous Gashouse Gang. The ticket booth, gate and concert start at 5pm. Don't be late. The first corps, the Sunrisers are on at 7pm. A great lineup of corps and interesting storylines. Be there!