Best APD's to purchase

Other than the Finals week APDs, which ones are the best to purchase? I am assuming Drumcat may be the one to ask, but I am sure that acoustics and equipment play a major role in this decision. The APDs are not too expensive, but it can get that way real quick if you buy several shows up until Finals. I am reluctant to buy San Antonio or the Atlanta recordings because of the domes.

Edited by ohbaby

Other than the Finals week APDs, which ones are the best to purchase? I am assuming Drumcat may be the one to ask, but I am sure that acoustics and equipment play a major role in this decision. The APDs are not too expensive, but it can get that way real quick if you buy several shows up until Finals. I am reluctant to buy San Antonio or the Atlanta recordings because of the domes.

Tell me about it. I'm not proud of how many I have already. doh.gif

I bought from Akron, those were mediocre. I also bought from Denver, those were better, but still not great. So I too am waiting/looking for when the best APD's will come.

I can't bring myself to purchase mid-season APDs. I would be all over any pre-season recordings, but unless a show just really strikes me, I tend to stick with only listening to it while I'm at the computer and can put it on from the FN video in the background or something.

I always purchase the APDs from San Antonio and listen to them on my flight from Detroit to Nashville/Murfreesboro so I can get familiar with the shows. I then purchase the APDs from Prelims and listen to those on my drive back from Indy.

Both are decent but neither match the quality of the CD that will be released in November.