Crown Wins! And Other Finals Results

I suppose I agree that their drill itself didn't stand out as the most interesting of the year, excepting the rotating tetrahedron, but it was difficult and they executed it extremely well, and they do a lot of other interesting things visually that make up for the less interesting drill.

I do think the best year for drill design from Crown was 2009, though the visual execution was their weak spot that year. But that show had some truly incredible and effective drill design, in my opinion. The pulsating, rotating storm that transitions into a block with a ribbon moving through and the flip-flopping arrows, and the rotating blocks with guard-run-through into the big diamond that jumps sideways, and the lead-up to the snake form... yes, I believe these are the technical names for the moves. tongue.gif

2008 had some fantastic moments as well, but there were some pretty iffy transitions. Although the homages to older famous drill are brilliant in and of themselves.

Oh yeah, 2009 was awesome! And this last year's closer had kind of the only interesting parts, not including the copy cat set from 2009. Just 3 visual events, albeit brief, really stuck out to me as creative and clever. Other than that most of it just strikes me as really phoned in. They need a Michael Gaines.

Edited by TESB

I'm pretty glad Crown finally won, they deserved it after all this time. Tons of corps had a great year though, for sure looking forward to see what happens next year.