On the topic of SCV's show design

It was really only music design that held fhem back, vis was right up there with bd and crown. Of course depending on the judges.

But the problem with their music content was less about the arrangement and more about the source material. They had to beef up their show so much for it to be competitive.

I am mixed on them doing a straight up phantom of the opera show again. While i love the show, it wouldn't win today. And the problenm with most musicals is that you will have to beef up the material a lot. I dont think a corps has to be intellectual or abstract in order to win. And with another offseason dci can continue to work out the kinks on the judges sheets.

Regardless of what they do, they have talent. The goal now is to be cleaner sooner. Going up against BD out of the gate is tough every yearso it would be nice this season to see them start out winning or within a point of BD. Regardless of the show.

Can you please explain to me what you mean by "beef up?" I'm not disagreeing with you or anything, just want to learn more about how drum corps work since I still have a lot to learn despite following for several years; there's a lot that I still have to learn.

Anyway, to what you said about SCV needing to clean faster, is that possible with their marching technique and drill instruction? I've read others before discussing the difference between "dot" and "dressing the form" with the former being the more difficult to clean. Now of course, SCV throughout the course of the season really cleaned up their visual; however it just never really seemed as clean as the corps above them and a couple below them yet their visual scored really high. Is there something about their style of drill/technique that just inherently looks "dirty?"