Fan Network

I paid the $69.00 early this season for the Fan Network. I just logged in this morning and saw that the finals shows are posted on the video stream on demand, but when I click the video it says: "You do not have access to view this content". I am signed in, and my membership is supposed to last through till next year. Also, I can view the shows from Allentown, but not finals. Can someone help?

Cw

Finals wasn't through the Fan Network...it was through DCIFinals.com. You had to pay extra in addition to your Fan Network membership fee to get finals...I believe Finals will be at DCIFinals.com for this week only...I think?

From the Fan Network schedule page:

"Live subscribers will have access to on-demand videos and webcasts through the Aug. 9 DCI World Championship Semifinals. Only Live+DVD and Live+BLU subscribers will have access to on-demand playback of the World Championship Finals on Aug. 10."

In other words, your $69 subscription does not provide access to finals VODs.

From the Fan Network schedule page:

"Live subscribers will have access to on-demand videos and webcasts through the Aug. 9 DCI World Championship Semifinals. Only Live+DVD and Live+BLU subscribers will have access to on-demand playback of the World Championship Finals on Aug. 10."

In other words, your $69 subscription does not provide access to finals VODs.

Thanks for the heads up; I appreciate it.

At this posting all Fan Network subscribers can still watch semifinals in the Live Webcast section. Shortly that option will be removed, but Fan Network will make semifinals available in the On Demand section for all current Fan Network subscribers, and you'll continue to be able to watch semifinals On Demand through May 2014. This transition should happen today, but things get backed up in that last crazy week of the season, so it wouldn't be a surprise if it happened later this week. When they make this transition, you do lose access permanently to everything that happened in between the semifinals performances.

The option for Fan Network subscribers to upgrade their subscription by preordering 2013 DVDs or Blu-Ray and get access to 2013 finals on Fan Network gets taken down at some point without warning, though I forget whether that happens at the end of the season, when the videos start shipping usually about in November, or somewhere in between.

So if you don't preorder videos in time, when can you watch 2013 finals in the archives (1974-2013) section as a Fan Network subscriber? If they continue to do it as in the very recent past, when you subscribe to Fan Network for the 2014 season beginning next early summer. The Fan Network program can and sometimes does change though each season in terms of what features are offered and the pricing--there's no guarantee that it will work next season as it did this season.

Edited by Peel Paint