DCI Fan Network

Just curious...I noticed that the World Class Prelims audio is available for purchase now, but will they have Finals as well? How about video? I remember purchasing both audio and video of the Finals for the 2011 season.

As I understand it:

- semifinals APDs are available for purchase on TFN

- semifinals VOD is available to all subscribers

- finals audio is only available if you buy the CD's

- finals VOD is only available if you subscribed to the +DVD or +Blu-ray option

• Like 1

Why do I have to buy the physical media if I want Finals audio? Why can't I just pay for the $25 album online or $3/corps?

It's 2013!!

I think feedback from DCI staff in the past has indicated that if they were to offer Finals audio digitally, they'd lose enough customers for the physical product that they wouldn't be able to justify making the physical stuff at all. Same probably goes for video.

That said, I think it's probably time to just move entirely digital if that's the case. Surely they could make a bigger margin on digital downloads, particularly if they improved their store interface. Or heck, just put it all up on the iTunes store and on Amazon...

They'd never go for iTunes pricing model. Between $0.60 - $1.29 per track. (Of which Apple keeps 20%)

That said, if DCI went digital-only for audio, it could potentially cut quite a bit of production costs. I'm assuming not enough to make the above viable, otherwise they would have done it already.

They'd never go for iTunes pricing model. Between $0.60 - $1.29 per track. (Of which Apple keeps 20%)

That said, if DCI went digital-only for audio, it could potentially cut quite a bit of production costs. I'm assuming not enough to make the above viable, otherwise they would have done it already.

I think Apple allows a little more flexibility these days. There are audio products on iTunes that don't follow the "song"/"album" pricing model. I've paid $4.99 for a 30-minute comedy performance for example. There is the fee (I thought it was 30%) to Apple or Amazon for this model, but I've got to think the CDs have a smaller margin than that. Not to mention digital has no inventory risk.

I want to have the Troopers show to watch, but I'm not necessarily interested in the DVD/Blu-ray set for all of the 13-25 corps. I'd have to wait over a year to be able to buy that video download?