Rodney Goodhart

Saw this posted on another forum. He contributed to DCI's percussion legacy in so many ways. May he rest in peace.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/157844-sad-news-rod-goodhart/

Rodney was a real class act. I was judged by him several times in the mid-1970s, but I remember him most for his e-mails to me, written just so he could tell me that he enjoyed an article I wrote. There was no need for anyone to ever do that, but Rodney made a point to do it whenever he really liked something. That always made me feel more special than I perhaps deserved to feel.

• Like 1

In a time when DCI saw some great drumlines in the Sanford days at Santa Clara, the Delucia days at Hawthorne Muchachos and the Bridgemen, all those wonderful 27th Lancer lines which got not as much play as the drill and color guard, ...in the days that prelims for championships was a two day outing (just for what we today call World Class), it always amazed me how much Rodney would sample the line and still have the energy and the reserve to stay calm and clear headed in those post-contest critiques which at times got a bit "heated" because Rodney called them as he saw them (that day.)

While sometimes some disagreed, always he was respected.

Edited by drilltech1

He was our caption heads father in law. We ran across him a couple of times in '90, and every time he was the hardest on us. Not in a dissing kind of way, but in a very thought out informative critique. Plus, he had high expectations for his son in law so we caught zero slack.