Hotels for Rochester?

Hi all ........................

It's been a while since I've posted anything. Looking on the DCA web site I can't find anything about

hotel reservations .................. In the past there was a form to fill out. I haven't had to worry about

reserving a room for the last 10 years since I was competing in mini corps & the corps took care

of it. Like I said, I've been to the DCA sight ....... did I miss it?

Bill

Hi all ........................

It's been a while since I've posted anything. Looking on the DCA web site I can't find anything about

hotel reservations .................. In the past there was a form to fill out. I haven't had to worry about

reserving a room for the last 10 years since I was competing in mini corps & the corps took care

of it. Like I said, I've been to the DCA sight ....... did I miss it?

Bill

No, I do not think you missed the list. Soon as the regular season starts, there will be Many Posts on here also.

(Bye the way. I saw your profile. I also marched in the Madison Square Garden contest. Those darn Sunrisers won over us. Me in NYC Skyliners. Cabs and R.I. Mat's also. I can not remember who else was in it. (I think CT Hurks and Buc's) Great fun though. Marching on the "Main Arena" floor (hockey rink size), for a full field show. Talk about adjusting a show drill for one show!)

Edited by 2B or not 2B

IIRC, the Rochester Plaza has been the HQ hotel in the past. altho the hub of activity during I&E (& prolly parade this yr) is around the corner at the Radisson. Hyatt is across the street from there. those are the downtown hotels all grouped together. of course, there are many suburban and interstate-area ones; Doubletree in Henrietta being the first one comes to mind where multiple corps have stayed every yr

I am staying at Residence Inn in Greece (about 20 minutes from the stadium). There is a Courtyard directly behind it (Music City Legends used to stay at that one), and probably another 4 or 5 hotels within a half mile radius...also, lots of good restaurants in the area from Olive Garden and Outback to Red Lobster, Perkins, Five Guys and several others. I have stayed here every year that championships have been in Rochester except once, when we couldn't get into that one and stayed at another Residence Inn in the area.

No, I do not think you missed the list. Soon as the regular season starts, there will be Many Posts on here also.

(Bye the way. I saw your profile. I also marched in the Madison Square Garden contest. Those darn Sunrisers won over us. Me in NYC Skyliners. Cabs and R.I. Mat's also. I can not remember who else was in it. (I think CT Hurks and Buc's) Great fun though. Marching on the "Main Arena" floor (hockey rink size), for a full field show. Talk about adjusting a show drill for one show!)

Why, yes we did!!!!! :tongue:

Seriously... the Matadors stole the show that night. One of the most electrifying drum corps performances I have ever seen.

Why, yes we did!!!!! :tongue:

Seriously... the Matadors stole the show that night. One of the most electrifying drum corps performances I have ever seen.

As always Fran, thanks for the kind words ................ looking forward to bumping into you sometime this season.

Yes MSG is one of my fondest memmories from my years with Matadors ...................... that show was a trip! And yes, Hurks & Buc's were there.