Murfreesboro Travel

Does anyone have any suggestions on making the trip from the Murfreesboro show to the Atlanta show the following day? Should we book a room in Murfreesboro or closer to Atlanta? I would prefer a Marriott chain hotel since I am a rewards member.

Also, any recommendations on places to eat for the Murfreesboro show?

Right now our plans are to drive up Friday morning from Birmingham. Check into the hotel before the show, if possible, unless we stay somewhere after leaving town. Go to the show that night. Get up Saturday and drive to Atlanta. Check into hotel near dome and eat lunch at Ted's Montana Grill. Walk to show and enjoy. Find a place open after show near hotel, maybe Hard Rock? Drive back to Birmingham on Sunday.

Last year we only went to Atlanta and back with no hotel, so basically a 24 hour day.

For the Murphreesboro show, I recommend that you reserve a hotel in town, and check in before the show. I think you will be more relaxed, knowing that you have successfully checked in.

There is a slightly higher risk for surprises with a late night check in. Unexpected things can happen that day. Rooms may be suddenly unavailable. By checking In before the TN show, you are allowing yourself to resolve any possible problems with the hotel before your drive to Floyd Stadium.

If you do not like sleeping near an elevator or facing a busy highway, your chances of getting a better room are much higher in the afternoon than late at night.

Wishing you a wonderful room.

Stay in Murfreesboro and check in before the show. It's an easy drive from there down to Atlanta the next morning. My wife and I have done this many times in years past. You will run into quite a few other drum corps fans at gas stations and rest stops along the way. It's a fun trip!