Mini Corps... Same Venue?

I was just curious with DCA's return to Rochester if the Mini Corps competition is still going to be held in the same venue on the indoor stage?

Thanks.

All the years I did Mini Corps with the Golden Eagles, I thought the convention hall was a great venue for the Mini Corps!!

Not sure what the plans are for this year though....sorry I couldn't help!

(PS...Hi Cathie!!!)

• Like 1

Hey back Frank!! :)

I'm a big fan of the convention center, too. I get why some people don't like it, but I think the pros outweigh the cons.

I'm just asking because we had someone mention that they read something about the mini corps maybe being outdoors for the celebration and whatnot and I was just trying to get clarification. It'll obviously affect whether we practice indoors or outdoors as we get closer to DCA weekend.

I'm sure we'll eventually get an answer through official channels, but I told the guys at rehearsal on Sunday that I'd throw up a post here at DCP to see if anyone knew.

• Like 1

I always rehearsed outdoors as we got close to the weekend.

You could hear alot more "dirt" than you could inside.

Then going inside, in a place that big, and that dense (with all the people inside, and the curtains hanging), we always sounded a heckovalot better!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes... mini corps is back where it belongs... in the Riverside Convention Center

as a matter of fact... except for the percussion out on the stage in the street - all will be inside the convention center... there will be no I&E venues in the hotel across the street...

• Like 1

Thanks for the info Tom!