My Indy view

Boston- yawn- I really dont get the craze about this show. There is nothing that is visually amazing. Really it looks like marching band drill. But they do perofrm well after the rocky start to the season.

X-men- The guys were really grooving. The show looks like a lot of fun. It has to be hard for tem playing a sweet tune like Blue Rondo when the best corps out there is also doing it. But the do a cool version also.

Didnt watch BK, CC or Magic.

Madison Scouts-my alma mater- I am definately happy that these guys are performing at a higher level again. Whoever straight up pushed the percussion judge out of the way, that was cool. They had one collision between a snare and a cymbal which im sure wont happen anymore. I really like this show, the guard is amazing after the past few years. And I dont think the drumline is as bad as everyone makes them out to be.

PR- awesome AWESOME FREAKING AWESOME brass sound. I absolutely love their sound. Gave me chills. One contra guy had a balance problem on some feet work but I am sure that wont be a further problem.

Cadets- Good drumline. I dig Malaguena, but when are the going to clean that rotating company front?

SCV- As an ex-cymbal guy, I watched the plates the whole time and not the rest. The cymbals are awesome as usual.

Cavies- Drill is way cool. Dont care for the new ending, I was never much for down endings. I dont get how there brass is so good.

BCoats- I thought that they would be in trouble score wise being in the middle of this pack but they did well. The whole Captive and Escape was very evident and done well.

BD- My favorite show of the night by far. They have really stepped it up visually and there drumline is rippin it up. The totally deserved to come away the gold medalist and should the rest of the way.

Good luck the rest of the year everyone.

Cavies- Drill is way cool. Dont care for the new ending, I was never much for down endings. I dont get how there brass is so good.

finally, someone agrees with me on this!

when are the going to clean that rotating company front?

They musta had an off night, that thing was striaght as a whistle at Murefreesboro from my prespective.

Cheers, :rolleyes:

Sean

w/Stp:

I dont get how there brass is so good.

Control, clarity, and intonation. They don't have a traditional field brass sound, and it's kind of a love/hate thing with most fans. I love their sound, but I can see why others wouldn't. It's amazing to me how good the top hornlines are this year -- and just how different they all sound. However, I heard that the Cavs had an off night in horns in the dome and the scores reflect that.

Edited by OKTrpt

finally, someone agrees with me on this!

I think "down" endings can be very effective and especially very poignant (SCV 2000 comes to mind right off the bat). I think the ending is very cool because it is the beginning in exact reverse (i.e. horn parts, guard movies, everything). The rest of the show, however, is a different story.... most of it was lackluster at best.

Ben