Caption Winners

If Crown doesn't win guard this evening, it will be a travesty. If BD wins, then no one will ever beat them, if they don't let Crown win. best guard I have ever seen

• Like 1

If Crown doesn't win guard this evening, it will be a travesty. If BD wins, then no one will ever beat them, if they don't let Crown win. best guard I have ever seen

Agreed - if this Crown guard can't win - there's a problem.

Later,

Mike

When is the last time that a corps won both brass and percussion but did not win the whole thing, as it is possible for Cadets to do?

Blue Devils, 1984 and 1985. There were ties, though. In '84, Garfield/BD/SCV on Brass; in '85, Garfield/BD Brass.

So, no corps has ever solely won Brass/Drums without winning.

Edited by Tad_MMA

So if the Cadets DO win both Brass and Percussion tonight, what does that say about their design? GE is killing them way more than Guard---though visually, they're bringing up the rear (top 4). Same drill designer since 1995 (minus 2001); J. Sacktig has written some AMAZING stuff over the years. 1995-1998; 2000; 2005; 2011. The end of the show (just before "T E N") is the same old runny, fasty, triangly stuff they've shown us over the years (including Angels/Demons).

They certainly need an upgrade in color guard personnel; maybe it's time for a new visual direction? I mean, when all everyone is discussing is UNIFORM COLOR, I'm thinking stale.

Later,

Mike

What problem? The judges have had them very, very close all season. BD's history is certainly on their side; who can argue the immense talent, knowledge and teaching of their guard staff? Honestly, I'm hoping Crown can pull off that caption tonight, but I won't be surprised either way. Heck, it could decide the Gold (win, lose or tie).

• Like 1

Later,

Mike

I just don't see it happening for them tonight :/ Very worthy, but so is BD. No doubt that Czapinksi will call it like she sees it, but I think she will likely lean BD- could be wrong! Great season no matter what

• Like 1

I just don't see it happening for them tonight :/ Very worthy, but so is BD. No doubt that Czapinksi will call it like she sees it, but I think she will likely lean BD- could be wrong! Great season no matter what

I agree, and I don't think it would be a "travesty" either way.

Good luck to both.

• Like 1