Emergency Posting from The Cavaliers

Better follow-up to this dated article is Don Warren's quite cogent comments about the passing of his friend and colleague Bill Howard, both founders of DCI, as posted on today's DCI website. http://www.dci.org/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=33500&ATCLID=210677190 Two very great men.

"Cavaliers founder Don Warren remembers Bill as “a sincere leader,” adding, “He was easy to work with and was quite a congenial person, a high class person.”

Howard and Warren used to meet in each other’s homes to discuss the future of the drum corps activity. “We worked together on rules changes and what we wanted to try,” Warren said. “I told him I wanted the Scouts to be right up there and a strong second to us, and he’d laugh about that. We thought pretty much alike, as he was all about drum corps and the kids. He worked hard to get the best corps possible on the field.”

Edited by xandandl

I spoke with him by phone yesterday to get the comments, and he sounded just like the Don Warren I loved as a marching member of Cavaliers.

Better follow-up to this dated article is Don Warren's quite cogent comments about the passing of his friend and colleague Bill Howard, both founders of DCI, as posted on today's DCI website. http://www.dci.org/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=33500&ATCLID=210677190 Two very great men.

"Cavaliers founder Don Warren remembers Bill as “a sincere leader,” adding, “He was easy to work with and was quite a congenial person, a high class person.”

Howard and Warren used to meet in each other’s homes to discuss the future of the drum corps activity. “We worked together on rules changes and what we wanted to try,” Warren said. “I told him I wanted the Scouts to be right up there and a strong second to us, and he’d laugh about that. We thought pretty much alike, as he was all about drum corps and the kids. He worked hard to get the best corps possible on the field.”

• Like 4

I spoke with him by phone yesterday to get the comments, and he sounded just like the Don Warren I loved as a marching member of Cavaliers.

Great to hear (pun intended.)

But what did you do to get him to take the cigar out of his mouth? :-)

God bless "The Old Man"!!