Electronic format

Thanks.great ideas. Appreciate your help

What programs do you guys use to burn the CDs?

What programs do you guys use to burn the CDs?

So just to clarify, burning CD's is moving files onto a physical CD. Ripping a CD (or importing) is moving files from a CD onto the computer. And playing a CD is just reading the data off a CD. So you want to rip the CD probably if I'm understanding the comment correctly. iTunes will let you import the files and then you can right click on them in iTunes and click "show file location". That will show you the MP3s on your computer. As to how to get them on your phone, I'm not super familiar with Android file transfers. Probably via the SD card?

There are other program that will let you rip the CD's with more control, but iTunes is probably the most straightforward.

Edited by Clutchtow

Ok..so I am behind the times.. just bought a vehicle that does not have a CD player..how do I listen to drum corps. I do have the CDs. Thanks

CD players in cars will soon be a thing of the past.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-11-06/a-relic-is-disappearing-finally-from-car-dashboards-in-america

Edited by Fish

That's what my dealer told me...So I think my best option at this point is to somehow get the CDs I currently have, put them on a thumb drive and listen to that in the car via the USB port. I assumed, to get the audio files on a thumb drive, that I would need to rip the CDs onto my computer first? I haven't done this alot, so I'm looking for the best way to do it...

That's what my dealer told me...So I think my best option at this point is to somehow get the CDs I currently have, put them on a thumb drive and listen to that in the car via the USB port. I assumed, to get the audio files on a thumb drive, that I would need to rip the CDs onto my computer first? I haven't done this alot, so I'm looking for the best way to do it...

Well, that depends, do you want the most exact audio reproduction on digital files, or just the easiest way to rip them? I can write up a step by step for either when I get home later today if you want.

If I have to pick one...let's go with easiest way to rip them...Thank you..

Well, I started to write the step by step, then I remembered that my CD drive isnt working right now since I moved computer cases and I didn't have a long enough sata cable. So here are the first steps all the way up until actually useing the program, which is probably what you needed... if someone would be willing to finish up this guide that would be awesome. Otherwise I can finish it in 2 days when my cable comes in. Sorry...

1) Go to http://www.netzwelt.de/software-download/38342_2-exact-audio-copy-eac.html?sig=95f8462c5776f80fd33f1e1e4bc527b0

2) This will start the download of the program we will be using. Depending on your browser, you will want to keep the file or save it. It may say "This file can harm your computer", don't worry about that. Download any sort of executable will give that warning. I tested this on my computer and it is fine.

3) Once the "eac-1.1.exe" file has finished downloading, press ctrl+j to open your downloads section and click on the file.

4) Hit "next", "I agree", "next", "next". You should be at the "Select the components you want to install" screen.

5) Verify that everything is selected except for AcoustID Plugin, and then hit install

6)When it finishes, hit finish

7) If it doesn't automatically boot up, find it in your progams folder and start it

8) It will start a set-up, hit "next", "next", select MP3

9) Now we need to install "LAME" before we keep going, so leave EAC for a second and go to this site: http://www.rarewares.org/files/mp3/lame3.99.5.zip

10) Hit ctrl+j, and select "show in folder"

11) right click on the folder and select "extract all..."

12) Click "browse", then navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Exact Audio Copy" and click select folder

13) Click extract. If it says you need administrator access, select "do for all" and then click continue.

14) Back at EAC, hit "next" then click cancel in the box that pops up

15) click "browse..." and then naviage to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Exact Audio Copy", select lame.exe, and hit open

16) Click "next", "next", and "next"

17) Click "finish"

18) Under "EAC->compression options", click external compression, and then change "bitrate" to 320 kBits/s

18) Unfortunately, you are on your own now... My guess is that you will load the CD using the buttons on the bottom, and then select the tracks you want to rip and at the top under actions you select "copy selected tracks"

Thanks Man...I'll try to work my way through this...