Stardom, Stadiums, and Steamy Weather

So as a native Phoenician, I love going out to see the Drums Across The Desert show and it's the only show I've been able to see in person.

My question is with The Academy's rise to stardom, what are the chances that will bring in more upper level corps? 2015 brought Vanguard and Phantom while 2016 only brought Madison (aside from Academy of course).

Yes I'm aware that it's really hot here and that's tough for corps, but is it wrong of me to expect that the recent success they're having will bring in bigger corps? For example Blue Devils adding an extra leg to their west coast tour?

Edited by Damonallred

Sounds like you got 1 or 2 top 12 and now with the Academy a top 12 it would equal a lessor chance as the Academy are a bigger draw on their on so they wouldn't need another big name to fill the seats

I didn't mean so much to draw seats as much as now the other corps see that Arizona is becoming a DCI venue

We have the same problem in Oregon and Washington, and we don't even (yet) have a newly crowned finalist corps. We are lucky to get one, maybe two finalist corps to come here. For OC and Cascades, it's usually their first, maybe second competitive performance and then poof, they are gone on tour. Local drum corps over by July 2.

I feel your pain!

Edited by luv4corps