• Rob Brown
    • George Brown
    • Chris Nalls
    • Dean Bull

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The loudest mellophone player I've ever heard in my life was Pete Franceschina of the Sunrisers. He could bring the heat, big-time!

You Renegade folks, ask Frank Dorritie about Pete some day.

Fran

Edited by Fran Haring

It wasn't in a drum corps but it was on a mellophone. The band director said "one of the mellophones was making a statement there... and I LIKE it."

Probably the only time I’ve ever heard someone being congratulated for drowning out the entire band. lol.

It was on a high C so it really wasn't that hard to project. If you don't believe me hunt down a recording of the 2000 Pride of Oklahoma playing barbarian horde and hear it for yourself. It’s the closest a marching band will ever get to a drum corps. I had people convinced that was a recording by a championship corps… until they noticed the clarinets and flutes. ;)

And even you Laura I've Heard You belt out some Wicked Notes!!!  I have way to many sets near you this year...  especialy the Re entry in the opener.. ####!

I'm not playing too loud -- the rest of the line doesn't play loud enough...

:P :P :sshh:

Edited by CabsMello03

None of the above...although I am sure that they qualify. My vote goes unequivically to Jimmy Steele (Empire Statesmen), through 90's. Dude, Jimmy could play so loud that he would bury the horn line if I would have let him.

Ask Frank Ponzo who stood behind him in Rochester DCA retreat during that mess we tried to pull off. Jimmy is the man!

Donny

Another qualified LOUD monster would be Doug Mellenthine from Mighty St Joes Alumni...not the quality of LOUD as Jimmy but Loud all the same.

Donny

let's see, loudest mellophone players:

Chris Nalls

Scott Pierson - SCV/SJSU

Me (at least I think I'm loud)

the 2004 Renegades Middle Horn Section

the 2004 CorpsVets Middle Horn Section

the 2004 Cabs Mello Line!

Jon, you shouldn't put yourself, and you haven't heard our line yet this season...

:P

:drool: Loudest?.......ME!.....(you didn't say the best......just the LOUDEST).

S'ME :lol:

i second that motion, senator.....

i've already told Gene never to aim that mellophone at my head again :worthy: .......sheesh.... :lol:

although Gene isn't in the poll i would like to nominate him......come check out mini-corps and stand in front of the silver-topped mello and see what i mean......if you dare!!! ^0^