New York Skyliners Alumni Celebrate a Special Occasion

The Phoebe Apperson Hearst American Legion Post #1197 and the Grand Street Boys American Legion Post #1025 junior corps members returning from service in World War II, formed the Raymond A. Garbarina Memorial Post #1523 of New York City in 1945. It was chartered in 1946 and created a new senior drum corps – The […]

View the full article

• Like 2

Pitch Pucciarelli is a part of that Greatest Generation who rescued the world from the threat of Fascism, the Nazis and others who sought to crush the rest of us.

When they got finished doing that, they reinvented the drum corps activity, creating a modern version for their kids and future generations. In more than one sense, we wouldn't be here without them.

The highest gratitude and respect are due to Pitch and all his colleagues. I salute you.

• Like 1

I noticed he served Army Corps of Engineers in WWII in Europe. My dad served Army Corps of Engineers during Korean War. And day after Pitch turned 100 my dad would have turned 90. A salute to them and their deeds.

• Like 1