2023 Drum Corps Season - DCP/DCW COVERAGE - Drums in the Heartland - Orrville, OH

Join me and some of the finest drum and bugle corps in the country for the 2023 Drums in the Heartland Drum Corps International competition in Orrville, Ohio!

https://medi-nerd.com/2023/07/28/2023-drum-corps-season-dcp-dcw-coverage-drums-in-the-heartland-orrville-oh-dci/

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good evening and welcome to Red Rider Stadium in Orrville, Ohio, site of the 2023 Drums in the Heartland Drum Corps International competition! My name is Kevin Gamin, Managing News Editor of Drum Corps Planet, and I am here to give you LIVE! From the Stands coverage of tonight’s performances. The show begins in just over half an hour, so be sure to join me at 7 PM Eastern went the first of these great drum and bugle corps perform!

My view for tonight’s competition:

Tonight’s view

Tonight’s lineup, courtesy of the CorpsClash app, available on iOS and Android:

Tonight’s lineup

Tonight’s weather forecast, courtesy of the CARROT Weather app, available on iOS and Android:

Tonight’s weather forecast

First on the field in SoundSport is Rhythm in BLUE from Canton, Ohio. No repertoire was given by DCX Museum.

The show is titled The House. 

Synth and guitar opening. The rest of the mallet percussion comes in while a sax soloist plays.

Trumpet soloist takes over on the left edge of the performance area. RiB has a set of four “bar” props which they start at sitting on bar stools. There is a marching percussion section in the back, currently on stands. 

The horns are now playing while sitting on the bar stools doing choreo.

Nice groove going in the opening movement. Visual is more choreographed than marched so far. Horns and percussion are in blue dinner jackets, casual white striped shirts, and black pants and shoes, looking like they’re out for a night at the club. Guard is in all purple outfits.