Contra to Bari

NotKenny616

Alright, so I marched contra for a year in 2002 (rather not say where). I loved it, but this is my age out year and I'd really like to march bari. I should be able to get a bari to practice on before auditions this fall, but I'm wondering if anyone has any tips/insights on making the switch. I've played other insturments (flute, tuba) but never a G bari. What kinds of pieces do people usually prepare for a first audition on bari? I'll be auditioning with my old corps, but the brass staff has shuffled a little, so it'll be some new faces...I'm looking to 1) Make an impression and (perhaps more importantly) 2) prove that my year off doesn't mean I'm not dedicated. To be honest, I'm pretty nervous: my (much younger) brother is trying out same place I am in the same section (he made it last year, but decided not to march due to his youth) and I want to ensure I make it to march with him. Now that I've written a novel...

I'm done, and thanks in advance

Edited by NotKenny616

Alright, so I marched contra for a year in 2002 (rather not say where). I loved it, but this is my age out year and I'd really like to march bari. I should be able to get a bari to practice on before auditions this fall, but I'm wondering if anyone has any tips/insights on making the switch. I've played other insturments (flute, tuba) but never a G bari. What kinds of pieces do people usually prepare for a first audition on bari? I'll be auditioning with my old corps, but the brass staff has shuffled a little, so it'll be some new faces...I'm looking to 1) Make an impression and (perhaps more importantly) 2) prove that my year off doesn't mean I'm not dedicated. To be honest, I'm pretty nervous: my (much younger) brother is trying out same place I am in the same section (he made it last year, but decided not to march due to his youth) and I want to ensure I make it to march with him. Now that I've written a novel...

I'm done, and thanks in advance

Eric is that you? :lol: