Sandra Opie and Argonne Rebels

Awesome article in Fanfare on dci.org about Sandra Opie and the Argonne Rebels - thanks to Mike Boo and Scott Ward for sharing this!

Click here to get to it.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you so very much. As always, I'd love to hear from anyone who has anything they would like to contribute to Fanfare.

Michael Boo

boomike@aol.com

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

One of my lasting memories from my first tour, I was thriteen at the time, was as we were pulling into the parking lot Sandra Opie was warming up the horn line and I was blown away. I used to, with all do repsect to our own horn line, dream of being able to have that horn line with our drum line - wanted to name the corps, "The Untoucables".

Mike Braga

73-75 Santa Clara

76-78 Anaheim Knigsmen

2004 TOR Santa Clara Vanguard

It was used during my time........

Although...it didn't really matter. Wayne and Jack would be able to single out individuals from the box.....and unless it was a good comment, you didn't want to hear your name raining down from the GE box.

Although......I have vivid memory of Wayne Downey screaming my name from the box in 1984. I was apparently sticking out of the ensemble.........and I was proud of it!

I was on the 0 yard line at the end of a 100 yard company front. I told Wayne the horn line wasn't loud enough........next comment raining down from the GE box...."HORN LINE PLAY AT FULL VOLUME".