Which brand of Bb is the best on the market!!!

sopranoman

In my OPINION (key word here) Best trumpet is Kanstul, Mello - Dynasty, Baritone - Yamaha, Euph - Kanstul, Dynasty tie. Contra - Dynasty.

Hum... Interesting.

I don't know if you played the same instrument that i've played. Maybe corps horns are different than the horns that are being sold through Dynasty. But I prefer the Yammy baritone because it's better in tune, and the partial of F on the staff and below resonate and respond very well. Better than anything else i've played on.

My friends that play on the 5/4 DEG contras say it's really sweet.

Brian Fischer

In my OPINION (key word here) Best trumpet is Kanstul, Mello - Dynasty, Baritone - Yamaha, Euph - Kanstul, Dynasty tie. Contra - Dynasty.

Hum... Interesting.

I don't know if you played the same instrument that i've played. Maybe corps horns are different than the horns that are being sold through Dynasty. But I prefer the Yammy baritone because it's better in tune, and the partial of F on the staff and below resonate and respond very well. Better than anything else i've played on.

My friends that play on the 5/4 DEG contras say it's really sweet.

Brian Fischer

He meant the Yamaha baritone. It says "Mello- Dynasty" comma "Baritone- Yamaha". :)

If I didn't like Kanstuls..............I'd say Yamaha

Or, your corps ;)^

Yamaha is a good brand, after they are broken in. The only problem my marching band has come across is the valve guides; they're made of plastic and shave away fast. The newer marching tubas are very nice, but they are easy to over play. And Yamaha has yet to come up with a good marching euphonium. Deg/Dynasty is the second choice as far as quality, but they're built to last. Kanstul makes awesome low brass (especially the tubas and Euphs), but they leave something to be desired in the high brass areas. Really, you need to look at all of them and figure which ones are cost effective and functional; probably Deg/Dynasty unless you have an ungodly amount of money at your disposal.

peace