Silent Brass mutes

drumstix909

I have a few friends who use the Silent Brass system for times when they want to practice and not be heard by others (ie. the middle of the night, when siblings are doing their homework, or when mom has a headache). I live in a dorm at my college, and I am thinking about buying a Silent Brass system so I can practice in my dorm room whenever I want without disturbing everyone in the building, and so I don't have to trek all the way across campus to the music practice rooms carrying my baritone. I have looked it up online, and I see that they make Silent Brass for trombone and for euphonium...

My question is, which of these mutes do I choose for my marching baritone? I have a Kanstul marching horn, if that helps at all. I would hate to spend all that money on the system, and then have it not work because the mute is the wrong size or something like that. Is there anyone with experience in this area that can help me? Thanks in advance :)

The euphonium one will probably work. A cheaper way to go would be just a practice mute, though.

I've got the Euph silent brass mute, and i'm pretty sure it's too big for a marching baritone's bell... but if you got the trombone one and then wrapped a sock around it, or wrapped it in some elastic bandage, it would fit nice and snug.