Dynasty M2000S Trumpets?

camel lips

Anyone have any experience with the Dynasty M2000S trumpets?

I found a good deal on one and I wonder if this horn would make a acceptable trumpet for Jazz ensembles and pep type bands?Are there any corps members out there playing them both on the field and in the concert halls?

Ive been to trumpet herald and didn't find the kind of information I was looking for.I was hoping someone here could help me.

I don't know too many people that have played on it. I know I don't like thier bugles. and I played on an older Dynasty trumpet once. It wasn't bad. But it still felt alittle tight. It would depend on how great a deal it is. If its only a couple hundred bucks, i'd go for it and see if you like it. If not, the worse would be you end up turning around and selling it to someone else.

Thanks for the replies.

I have a Dynasty bugle and it does seem stuffy compared to the Kanstul Power bore I have.

I was just wondering with the outside influence of Jeff and Wayne in the design process would it be any better.?

I have a Dynasty bugle and it does seem stuffy compared to the Kanstul Power bore I have.

I was just wondering with the outside influence of Jeff and Wayne in the design process would it be any better.?

Kanstul Powerbore is the best soprano around. Period.

If you are looking for a marching type trumpet, while I'm sure Wayne and Jeff provided valuable insight, it's still a Dynasty, man. Check out the Kanstul COL103...if it's anything like the LBP470 (the previous marching trumpet by Kanstul and suspiciously very Wild Thing like....for MUCH less!!) then it is another great Kanstul horn.

(and the alto bugle you're selling STILL isn't a mellophone) :)

Kanstul Powerbore is the best soprano around. Period.

If you are looking for a marching type trumpet, while I'm sure Wayne and Jeff provided valuable insight, it's still a Dynasty, man. Check out the Kanstul COL103...if it's anything like the LBP470 (the previous marching trumpet by Kanstul and suspiciously very Wild Thing like....for MUCH less!!) then it is another great Kanstul horn.

(and the alto bugle you're selling STILL isn't a mellophone) :)

Funny.The horn plays in the melophone line, not the soprano section or baritone section. :P

FWIW I have it correctly listed on the ebay site.

I will have to agree the Kanstul is the king of the jungle as far as horns go.

No doubt if I had the bucks I would get a Col 103 but I am able to pick up the Dynasty used from the brass shop for $375.

I needed a horn to play in a local Jazz ensemble.

I am really surprised that no one here could give me any impute about the Dynasty 2000.It has to be be very popular in Drum corps with Dynasty being such a large player in the game.I figure a lot of the guys that are using them in Drum corps are probably also using them back home in their local bands and Jazz ensembles and I was hoping to pick up some useful field information.

I also found a great deal on a Kanstul 610 b flat trumpet .It is brand new and was only $329 bucks.

From what I understand it was made up from left over parts from the besson 609 "International" project but not exactly sure about that.

I think they are listed for $800 bucks on other websites.

Edited by camel lips

I would have to say at that price, give it a try. While it is a Dynasty (read: piece of crap) Horn, you may end up pleasantly surprised. I had a Dynasty trumpet that BD used their first year of being a band (was that 99 or 00?) and to be fair, it played pretty well. I used it only one year in a marching ensemble, and playing lead, it was not stuffy like their sopranos are.

I can't wait to see you guys this summer!

I would have to say at that price, give it a try. While it is a Dynasty (read: piece of crap) Horn, you may end up pleasantly surprised. I had a Dynasty trumpet that BD used their first year of being a band (was that 99 or 00?) and to be fair, it played pretty well. I used it only one year in a marching ensemble, and playing lead, it was not stuffy like their sopranos are.

I can't wait to see you guys this summer!

Chip,

Can't wait to see yall either.It will be great to perform and see some perfomances.I have been living under a rock for the last 20 years and now I see day light.

My horn should becoming in from the brass shop any day now.

Ill give a full report asap/

I agree, performing again in drum corps will be great. It's only been 4 years for me, and I'm going nuts. I look forward to mini corps a lot more than to what's going on now (parades). While I like reunion groups, it's not as much fun when everyone else is from the same era and area and you aren't. I'd rather have everyone on the same page (like mini corps of field corps).

Can't wait to hear about the Dynasty.

Chip

Got it in today.Do all of the Dynasty 2000 come with this funky main slide throw?

if so yuck.