Blue Juice

Shintao

I play a Kanstul COL103, anybody have any experience with this or any other Kanstul horns.

Yep,I got two of them.I have a powerbore soprano and a Kanstul 601 b flat trumpet.See my review about that in the brass section on DCP.

Go to www.kanstulmusic.com and take to heart what Jack has to say about valve break in and valve maintenance.

Kanstul valves are extremely tight from the factory and do not respond well to ordinary petroleum base oils.

Once the horn breaks in you can use just about any old oil but when your horn is new stick with the pro oil.Several people have learned the hard way(including me) about not breaking in the valves properly.

I would also suggest never mixing different brands of oils.If you have to change brand names clean the horn throughly first.Some oils have detergents and softeners in them and when they clash with other foreign oils it can cause valves to start sticking.This is especially true with Blue Juice.