SCV To play on Yamaha Horns

Cainan

From a Santa Clara Vanguard press release:

The Santa Clara Vanguard is pleased to announce its purchase of 64 new brass instruments from the Yamaha Corporation of America. Negotiations have been ongoing for the past several months culminating in an agreement in early March.

The decision for SCV to transition to Yamaha horns was based primarily on Key Poulan’s (program coordinator and brass arranger), recommendation. “I’ve been playing on Yamaha brass since 1984 and I’m convinced that the consistency of pitch, evenness of tone quality in all registers and it’s overall reliability should have a very positive effect on the performance quality of the Vanguard horn line.”

Read the rest of the story here.

i would do anything not to play on my yamaha again. i just dont like it after one season of marching band. yes i said marching band in a drumcorps forum. shoot me. at least i wont have to play on that yamaha again. crap just falls apart. ITS FREAKIN NEW TOO!!!! well ok a year old before the season i used it.

I'm surprised they're switching to Yamaha; I'd heard they were going to return to Kanstul. I'd take just about anything over Yamaha marching brass.

They play everything Dynasty, except for 22 COL103 Kanstul Trumpets. I think that Kanstul is the obvious better of the three but I am not going to second guess Key. I would trust his judgement. Or maybe yamaha gave them a better deal. Hopefully the don't switch to Yamaha percusiion though.

ewwww.......maybe they will get some euphs.........i heard the yamaha prototype euphs stink..........but hey...if it is a good deal for the kids and the organization, good for them