New DCA Corps Projects

Updated S3

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Excelsior had our party last night at the KofC in Cohoes, NY.

Many drum corps folks around the Albany/Pittsfield area got together in support of the corps.

Channel 9 interviewed staff and it has been loopiing all day.

Lydia and company did a great job with the food and setup. The bartender did well too!!! :grouphug: :mmm: :mmm: :mmm: :mmm:

Lots of corps history was on display. Powerpoint presentations, videos, music helped to set the mood for the night.

My friends Rachel and Beirne were up from Virginia and helped to fit uniforms (unfortuantey, I was too plump to fit in any of them -- but a positive -- i get to order a new one!!!! Sorry Art.... :( )

We were fortunate to have a few new members join. Welcome aboard. Hold on, it's going to be a wild ride!!!

We have another Brass Polishing session to be help on Nov. 1.. In JAY'S WORDS:

We are going to have a second Horn Rehearsal :wall:

Why: To get Prospective Members of

The Excelsior Brass Line together

So that we can Shake Out Any Cobb

Webs before The First Full Corps Rehearsal

in an Informal No Pressure Setting.

Where: First Presbyterian Church of Lansingburgh

3rd Avenue and 115th Street

Troy, New York 12182

When: Monday November 1st

7:00 PM to 9:00 PM

Who: Any and ALL Prospective Brass Players

Any and ALL Prospective Members

To Show Support

What: Please bring ANY and ALL "G" Bugles that you own

Please bring Your Mouth Piece and any others

that you might own.

Please bring "THE WINNING ATTITUDE"

that you ALL had at The First Horn Rehearsal.

This will take US to GREAT PLACES !!!!!!!!!!!!

"Buckle UP"

This RIDE Has STARTED

SEE YA THERE!!!!

DAN

I'd like to add information to the White Sabers section. The contact name should be Mike Culver - Recruiting Director, his email is contra331@yahoo.com and his contact number is (315) 331-6813.

Thanks,

Mark Gerber - Director

White Sabers Drum and Bugle Corps

drumcpmark@aol.com

EXCELSIOR NEWS

Hey Everybody,

Jay held another brass session last night. This was an informal get-together of interested brass players, with the purpose of getting us ready for our 1st official rehearsal on the 14th of November.

The corps now has insurance and we are on our way!!!

Turnout was very good last night. :blink: Jay was able to lead us through the first piece to completion. He was pleased with our accomplishments.

I am pleased and excited to see the progress Excelsior is making. Please stop down and see for yourself. We have had 2 informal rehearsals and have got an entire piece done. Maybe you can help us by picking up a horn and having some fun.

Watch the website (www.excelsiordrumcorps.org) for details about future rehearsal dates, including our first official rehearsal on November 14th. Also see the website for instructions on how to book Excelsior for your 2005 events.

T H A N K Y O U

Dan Hines b**bs

Business/Events Manager

Edited by skymello2

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Message from Jay McBride, Brass Arranger/Instructor for EXCELSIOR

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

My Name is Jay McBride and I would like to personally invite you to become part of something Big, Exciting , and Very Worthwhile , A New All Aged Drum and Bugle Corps called "EXCELSIOR". There has not been a Serious Drum and Bugle Corps of any kind in Our Area for Over Ten Years. We intend to try to fill that void with a program that is going to Be Fun , Entertaining, Musically and Visual Excellent, and a Place where you could make Friendships that could Last a Life time.

We are having an Open House / First Full Corps Rehearsal on Sunday November 14, 2004 from 2:00 pm to 7:00 pm and I would like to invite YOU to Join US for this Very Special Event. It will be held at :

.............................The Lansingburgh High School...............................

..................................107th St and 7th Ave......................................

....................................Lansingburgh , N.Y........................................

Please see our web site for Driving Directions.

http://www.excelsiordrumcorps.org/

I look forward to seeing you there so that together we can bring Drum Corps back to Our Area.

Thank You,

Jay McBride

_________________________________Dr m and B gle Corps______________________________

_________________________Truly The only Thing that is missing is: "U"______________________

Edited by skymello2

Added information for Crossmen Alumni

Thanks So Much, Chris! :D

Updated White Sabers info