I got new drums!

Banger3b

Those are incredible!

You must have a lot of extra cash because those were not cheap.

Pearl will only do the marbelized finished on Masterworks custom line. If you mean marching drums I can tell you right now they would absolutely not do it. Pearl is strict when it comes to their Masterworks line. You can buy a set snare as a single drum from the series but that's it. If you want toms and basses then you have to order what seems like a full drum set to them. i.e. a tom, floor tom, bass, and snare. Once you have your Masterworks you are given a serial number. If you want to add on a single tom you have to provide that serial number to them or they won't make you a single drum.

i'm sure you could get your hands on that wrap and do it yourself...might not be cheap because most places you have to buy in bulk....but it's possible.

if you look closely you'll see that most of the drum manufacturers use the same wraps...just call them different names.

Delmar plastics makes a lot of the wraps for the different companies.

Edited by qsurf

i'm sure you could get your hands on that wrap and do it yourself...might not be cheap because most places you have to buy in bulk....but it's possible.

if you look closely you'll see that most of the drum manufacturers use the same wraps...just call them different names.

Delmar plastics makes a lot of the wraps for the different companies.

That is an insult to the Pearl corporation that's for sure. What you see there IS NOT a wrap finish at all. That is 100% laquer. What they do is they put the finish on the drum and then put seran wrap on the drums to give it that swirly/marbelized look. Pearl will NOT put wraps on Masterworks no matter how much you beg them to do it. They don't put wraps on the Master MMX, MRX, MHX, and BRX....BUT...they do have a line of drums in the Masters series that do have wraps which are called the MSX (Masters Retrospec). They the exact same as the MRX but without a laquer finish.

Even Pearl's Session SMX Maple shell or the SBX Birch shell have no wraps and they won't put one on for you either. Then you have the Pearl Export Select ELX which has laquers but are mid-level drums. Then below that you have the Export EX and EXR which both have wraps and ZERO laquer finish options. Then below that of course each drum will have wraps because the wood grain is definitely not visually appealing enough to put a laquer on it.