Bridgemen's new website!!

Pat was always the diplomat - bigger than life and a darn good "traffic cop". (What year was that - 1977?)

As for they Yankees - we still hate them, but at least we have the Patriots !!!!

and 78,

when I see Pat (which will be soon) I'll say hi for you.

As for the whole yankees Red Sox thing

just 2 words

"Aaron #@%!*&% Boone"

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi John!

Spent an hour or so on the Bridgemen website. Wonderful, wonderful!

I saw that you mentioned an RIP to Bobby Hoffman. I am sorry to hear about that...he was a true visionary in the drum corps realm.

Love and miss you all, Bananas!

Bobby is missed, although I must say, Bobby never liked being around me much back then.

(you have to remember, Bobby was very laid back, and I am like cafeine's bad dream! I can just remember him looking at me like "hey ahhh can like someone get this aahh kid some sedatives)

he was great to be around.

and he always surrounded himself with very creative people (some I didn't quite get) but very creative none the less.

That's okay, I've done it before myself, shameless posts, that is :). I've gone to your website and visited it, I enjoyed it! I sent you a question but no one answered, about how you put a forum up? How did you use? Also had another one about your web email.

The first drum solo I ever played in high school was "Black Market Juggler"...wish I could get my hands on the original sheet music to that! Think I'd frame it...

Interestingly enough, I am downloading 1982 Bridgemen as I type this!

DJ

Edited by djtenors

Ah yes Pittsfield Ma. 1982. 19.8 in drums in the old tick system! one of the rototoms fell. should have been a perfect 20.0 those animals were unreal. We came off the field and all the instructors were going crazy!!! we the hornline were looking around like "that sucked what are they soo excited about? someone asked "were we that good tonight?" ant the instructors were like what? you guys sucked! the drum line was incredible!

to this day I can't figure out how they did that 16th note thing with their left hand while they rubbed their fingers and all that nonsense. they were amazing!