Drums Along the Red Cedar '04

Counting down the final 6 days to this year's return of drum corps to the Chippewa Valley. Kicking off the event is the gathering of Eau Claire Boy Scouts, Eau Claire Boys, and Sundowner's Alumni the day before to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the corps's inception. These alumni will present the colors at DARC Sunday afternoon. Many local, and not so local, corps will be competing that night. Including: Phantom Regiment (DCI 2003 DI 4th place), Madison Scouts (DCI 2003 8th place), and Blue Knights (Denver, DCI 2003 semifinalist). Fan Favorites Chops Inc (Minneapolis) and Capital Sound will also be performing. DIII champions, Blue Stars (LaCrosse, WI) will be performing in DII, and Americanos (Menasha, WI) will lend in their Latin show once again. Colt Cadets will be bringing Snoopy to life with their show, "Snoop Dog", featuring music related to the Peanuts comic strip, created by the late Charles Schulz. Phantom will be holding a marching clinic before the show on Sunday. Not to mention, find me, and I might have a surprise for ya afterwards. B)

What: Drums Along the Red Cedar 2004

Where: Menomonie, WI

When: Sunday June 20, 6 pm

Why: Because you don't want to miss it

(Be sure to bring some extra clothing along, you might get a little excited by what you see)

I will be there....with a Madison victory under my belt from Mankato hopefully. :D What's the surprise you may have for us afterwards? Would it involve a mixture of malted hops and barley? ;)

Nah...too young to get a hold of that...but a mix that most corps members would crave...PM a request of a mix that I can purchase and I shall see about what I can do...

I wish I could hang out after the show, but I have to jet out of town early the next morning. It should be a tremendous show though between Madison and Phantom. (Sorry BK ;-) )

Edited by mnscoutfan

I have my tickets... :blink:

I have my tickets... :blink:

hmm...I believe a DCP group pic is in order at the show.... :huh:

doubt it............. :blink:

Could be a good thing, maybe it'll scare the "skeeters" away. I wish it were a later start time though, I like watching corps at night much better.