Walnut Reflections-7/3/04

On the DC note...he was there for the Blue Devils Alumni CD recording. I spent a few minutes talking with him....catching up and such.

With respect to the cigarette.......I need to laugh.....LOL!

I marched in BD with DC. He constantly had a cigarette sandwiched between his fingers during horn rehearsal.....while playing his baritone. It kind of fit the attitude of the corps back then. "Hey....I just wanna play in the horn line....not my fault it's a drum corps".

DC was the same way running rehearsals. Laid back. Cigarette in hand. Never raising his voice. Just give instructions, and let's try it again. He was a talented instructor and arranger.....and baritone player. Part of the Dindi duet in the 81 Blue Devils....with non other than current Renegades baritone soloist, Pooh Bear. In fact...you can see both DC and Pooh Bear here:Pooh Bear and D.C.

I have a picture of DC during one of his escapades on the staff bus in 85. He's got the cigarette dangling from his chops....waving....trying to clear the gravel from the back tires of the bus that he drove into a gravel pit.....and got stuck.

Edited by bd5times

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic