Blue Devils 1988 closer

To me, I only saw the BD 1988 program on video at Finals. Does anyone recall if that additional adlib solo parts at the very end was added during Finals week? It seems to me it was, because after they were done, you notice that the color guard, especially, is really racing hard to get off the field. I assume they were very close to the time limit. I think it was added, because they could get away with this, only, because the tunnel location was very near. If you watch the very end, you see them racing to get off the field and in that tunnel as quickly as possible. If they had to come across the field, as at small venues or even other big venues (depending on the tunnel location) , I think they would have been hit with a time penalty.

Anyone have insight into this?

Edited by crfrey71

From what I remember, it had been there all season.

I remember seeing BD in Bloomington in early August, and the ending was in the show then...but that was only a week or so before finals.

They took out a cool part of the guard work in the closer - they featured the girl dancing with a BD uniform top. Does anyone remember that? I know, it sounds strange - but I thought it was a great effect, and it fit "Since I Fell For You" perfectly.

Still one of my favorite BD shows.

Edited by 81regiment

they had the tag all season long. And I believe it was inspired by the tag from the original of their opener "happy Days" by Barbra Streisand in which she does a tag ending much in the same vein as what the devils did at the end of their show.