Yamaha Silent Brass Systems

jwscv87

Has anyone used a silent brass system with a bari bugle? I recently bought a recent DEG 3-vavle bari. I want to practice without driving my family out of the house. I haven't played since 87 and sound terrible! :(

These things aren't made specifically for marching horns. Anyone know which will fit my bari? Trombone might be too small and Euphonium too big??? I dunno!

If you take it to any music store they will usually have a few that you can try out to see if it fits. I believe they will also order you one to try it out and if it dosent fit, you dont have to buy it. I would try that before you just go and buy one off line or something and then waste your money on not having it fit or work properly.

I'm in the same boat for my Mellophone.

A trumpet one doesn't fit, and I'm not sure a trombone one will fit.

THey're real nice, and would be great if I could find the right one.

• 2 weeks later...

I use one silent brass on my trumpet and the other one that fits my tenor and bass trombone is too small for my bari bugle so I cut the the bottom of a sock off and doubled it up over the side of the mute and it works fine.

Dave