• 2001 - Awayday Blue
    • 1999 - Rhythms at the Edge of Time
    • 1998 - One Hand, One Heart
    • 1997 - As Time Goes By
    • 1996 - Club Blue
    • 1995 - Carpre Noctem
    • 1994 - My Spanish Heart
    • 1990 - Tommy
    • 1988 - Happy Days are Here Again, etc...
    • 1986 - Channel One Suite

What do you think? I tried to include most of the years that they won the guard title.

2001-- VERY clean and some great weapons work. i think there was too much hats stuff, but overall very nice. i really like the flagwork from the final ballad to the end.

1998 - for me, the lone bright point from this show. overall the show seemed flat to me, but the guard was excellent. those pink flags were a sight to behold, and the costumes were top notch.

1997 - again, the costuming was beautiful. i liked the fan-work and i dont usually like those kinds of props. SOme awesome staging really shows off their talent.

1995 - loved the dark theme to this show even though many didnt. the skulls were a little strange but very neat at the same time, and lets not forget some intense flag and weapons work that is "whoa" clean.

1990 - cracked out costumes were iffy. i liked the color but not necessarily the design. the ending flag work was really cool. one thing that bothered me alot throughout the show and makes me question its deserving of the title was flag height. Some acted like they didnt wanna give up their flags and others were tryin to give them to Jesus up in heaven. Just bugged me that everytime i watched them they didnt seem to be even. Overall cool effects though.

my vote goes to 1997. That guard was on fire and did a spectacular job of telling us the story of the show. Love the ending with the guard pair in the horn box.

Thanks!

Sean

w/Stp:

ugh...It's so hard picking the best yr from, in my opinion, the best guard.

1995--Okay, they were weird, and they weren't terribly clean (compared to the cadets and cavs), but they were good. Not too much to say on this show, good work, good performance, good attitude, and a good guard.

1996--They started off perfect. The first big flag hit which complimented the trumpet staccato was INSANELY effective for me. The costumes were so Dick Tracy with the color (which made sense, seeing as how the ballad came from the movie). After that first big hit, though, things got weird. People became looney in places and the performance wasn't perfect. I did love the end pose with the couple at the end of the ballad. There were parts when the rifles would just be walking around, which made me want to scream DO SOMETHING, but then they got better........good job overall.

1997--They weren't the cleanest (the cadets were cleaner, but that's not to say that BD was dirty), but they were definitely the best. The feathers and the sexy dancing from the girls, with the attitude from the guys, great work, great performance.......just GREAT. The ending was very nice, and the costumes were perfect.

1998--Wowsa...from the opening flags to the end pose, I think the guard was stellar during this show. The Juliets were great, and I love how they contrasted with the Tonys...the rifle work in the second song looked notoriously difficult, but they pulled it off very well. The flags were very nice to watch, and the costumes were cool. Best guard that year? I would've have been happy if either they or the cadets took it.

1999--One word: Perfection. Everything about it was perfect. I loved the opening flag work, and when the guard was in a box around the rest of the corps during the first song doing work. the tango moments were greaaaaaaaaat, and the ending work was PERFECT. This is my 2nd favorite guard of all time. The flag design was great, and costumes were great......just a great show overall.

2000--hmmm, well the costumes were good, and the performance was good, but something was missing. It was a great performance. My favorite guard moment in this show was towards the end of the second song when the hornline has the high staccato notes (from Psycho) and the rifles and sabers in front made the stabbing motion implying the murder from the movie......I though it was genius. Good show overall.

2001--GREAT costumes. GREAT dancing. GREAT work. GREAT performance. 'nuff said. My pick for the best.

OMG Benny, this is what you do when I'm away??!!??!!

Where do I start ????

I actually love the color and effect of the 88-89 offerings. The epitome' of class.

1984 and 1982 were outstanding and untouchable(1982, the birth of the wings and 1984 opening double silk work and wings in Karn Evil 9...breathtaking)

1981 was inovative..the birth of the "modern guard outfit"

1986 was a meshing of 1981-1985.....outstanding.

1987/1985/1991 - somewhat "down" guard years...if you can say that about a BD guard !! LOL

1990 was fun, and inovative, and those guard outfits !! woo hoo..Ann Margaret on Crack !! Opening lime/black zebra flag tossed in a cirlce...perfect. as was the flag work in pinball wizard. and the curved white flags.

1992 - Welcome guys..and another title...loved the opening flag work in the back right of the field....sultry !

1993..an expansion on 1992, and woulda won high guard if not for the rain and the drops. Loved the paint brushes.

1994. One of the best guard performances of all time. Does Scott Chandler know how to pair couples or what ??? Great uniform, great dancing, outstanding saber work in the opener....flag work on fire.

(Cadets won guard in 94)

1995 was another fun year full of execution and dynamics..and skulls !!! Just loved it.

1996 - Color coordination to the extreme - the most consistent guard in DCI history. Loved the flag spining behind the "Jail cell" wall

1997 Rifle line was on fire, perfect, and demanding. Costumes on the girls were beautiful. Feather work was actually exciting.

1998 Tony and Juliet..a flag lovers deam....Rifles too... perfect integration.

(I loked Cadets better.....gasp.)

1999 one word. Perfect.

2000 two words Blanket Dance...otherwise, another perfect show....Tosses were caught with command

2001 - those hats.....sigh. But another solid offering.

2002 - the best guard on the filed IMO....they did it all, and they did alot. Enhanced the music perfectly w/o overpowering.

~G~